Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Listening to...?

i'm not sure if i've actually written about my blog title or not (and since i'm not willing to take the time to look back through my blog archive) so i will take a little space to write out what i mean by "Learning to Listen."

i feel like this describes my life right now (and for the past several months). It describes my life because i'm learning to listen to God's "voice" over the "voice" of my flesh. He has given me life, His life, for Him to live in and through me in this world. His life is easy, light, peaceful, restful, abundant and complete.

i usually don't experience this life because i choose to listen to my flesh and surrender to that instead of to Him and His life in me. i have found, and continue to find, that the more i choose to surrender to Him in the day-to-day stuff, the more i "hear" His voice and experience His life.

My job is to believe in Him and trust Him to do what He has said He will do. He says in Scripture that He makes us a "new creature" at salvation and gives us His life. If He's given us His life, it makes sense that it's Him living through us, not us trying to live for Him.

This all ties into the actual address for this blogpage (he is trustworthy). Regardless of what my circumstances and surrounding environment tells me or looks like, i know that He is trustworthy. Because He is trustworthy, i can rest in choosing Him over my flesh, knowing that He will turn everything to good and work in and through me in every situation.

On a separate note, Dani and i went to a hip-hop exercise class this morning. We arrived late (big surprise there) but were able to jump in mid-way through. The class we took in Oregon was MUCH better but this was still fun. This class was more of a jazz-type dance than hip-hop...in my opinion. Hopefully, it will turn more towards the hip-hop style in the next few weeks.

No comments: