Monday, June 9, 2008

This is "Sloppy"

This past weekend, I attended a writer's conference in East Texas. One of the cool parts about the conference is that I got to send in a few chapters of my book for an editor to look over and offer a critique of it.

Overall, the meeting was encouraging, but there were a few moments that were a bit less than encouraging. He started by saying that the first sentence was "sloppy." He said that if he had received it at a regular time and not for the conference, that he probably wouldn't have read any more past the first sentence.

The good news is that he liked the idea behind the book, I just need to work on how I'm communicating that idea. So, more work to do but at least I've started...

Hopefully, I'll get less and less "sloppy" as I go.

No comments: