Friday, June 13, 2008

Howard Publishing

The editor that I met with at the writer's conference last weekend was Denny Boultinghouse of Howard Publishing. I'm not that familiar with this publishing house but he sent me three books that he thought could help me in my writing.

So, I just received these books last night and started to read one of them. The one I chose to start with is called A Scandalous Freedom by Steve Brown.


As soon as I started reading this book, I wanted to finish it. It's incredible and engaging and clearly presented. The author has been a pastor for 25 years and is now a professor at a seminary in Florida. It is obvious that he has had to field countless questions and faced people who fear resting in their freedom in Christ.

I'm not far enough yet to fully endorse this as a great book, but if it continues the way it's started, I think it's going to be a book I read several times and will be added to my list of books to go through with other people.

A Scandalous Freedom: The Radical Nature of the Gospel.

No comments: