Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Caring Daughters

Tonight I had the worst headache that I've ever had. I'm not being dramatic here...it was bad. I spent the latter part of the afternoon, on into the evening, lying in bed. The pain was pretty intense and my meds didn't seem to touch it.

As Dani was getting the girls to bed, I made my way up to their room to hug and kiss them goodnight. A was praying as I walked in the room and when she finished, I sat down on her bed and she compassionately asked me how I was feeling and if my head still hurt. I told I was a little better and thanked her for asking.

I then walked over to S's bed and got next to her to give her a hug and kiss. She was lying with Dani looking at her when I got over to where they were. As soon as I was close to S's face, she looked over at me and said, "You ave a aideache and I ave a treat for you. You can sleep in ere with me!" (She followed this with a big smile).

How could I say no to that! A was a little concerned that I wouldn't get enough sleep if I slept in their room because they wake up so early. And she told S that, "If Daddy has a headache, he needs to sleep in."

That sounded good to me...but I think I'll pass on that this time. So tonight, my head still hurts a little, but I'll be sleeping on the floor in my girls' room...what a treat! My girls are pretty sweet to me. I love my family!!!

1 comment:

Dani Smith said...

They are so sweet. Today in the car Sophie told that she wishes she had two of you. That way when you went to work, she could still be with you! You're such an awesome daddy. Love you.