Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Talk

So, I enjoy watching my girls grow up. The first 9 months are REALLY hard for me. I have such a hard time understanding what they need and meeting those needs patiently. I have realized my inadequacy in parenting the most during those first 9 months. I usually describe this time period as being in a tunnel with a really small light at the end...

That being said, due to the difficult nature of those months, I'm brought to the reality of the way we are created to parent...totally dependent on the Father who is patient, kind, good, just, perfect, unconditional, never-ceasing, and compassionate.

Now, my youngest is just over a year old (14 months). She's pretty cool too. She has, from birth, seemed to look for things to be happy about and tried to enjoy her little life up to this point. It's been fun bonding with her in unique ways, as it's been fun with my other two girls in their unique ways.

For all three, I've whispered a little saying to them as I lay them down to sleep when their still in their crib. Little L has responded differently than the other two.

I walk to her crib, holding her face close to mine, and I whisper, "Daddy loves you. Mommy loves you. Jesus loves you and He's always with you. He'll never leave you."

Just the other night she started doing this...and has done it each night since for the past week. When I start whispering, she kinda sits up and says, "shweshweshew, shweshweshew, shweshweshew." With that, she turns and leans for her pillow.

As much as I enjoy watching her grow up, I will miss when she stops "whispering" back to me. Maybe she won't...

No comments: