Friday, August 31, 2007

Funny Girls

This past weekend my family came with me to Tyler and we had a blast. i was speaking at an event and they swam and played while i did that. However, when i wasn't speaking, i was able to hang out with them some and we had a lot of fun.

The funniest thing that happened during the weekend was on Saturday. i was getting things set up before the last large group session in the youth room and it was just my family, a few youth workers, and myself in the room. Nate, the youth pastor, gave my girls the microphones so they could sing on stage for us.

They were more than willing to jump up there and start sharing with everyone their musical talents, as well as some orders to sit and stand and to stop talking from my oldest daughter.

After a few songs, their song bank began to dry up and they turn to their trusty song-up-their-sleeve...ABCD.

As they passionately, loudly, and energetically belt out the letters of the alphabet, i see something out of the corner of my eye (i was in the back on a computer and looked up at the perfect time). My youngest daughter (at least for a few more months...baby #3 is due in December) was holding her free hand in the air as she sang out this song to Jesus. :)

It was awesome.

1 comment:

kacole said...

I looked at the pictures for CRAVE. #2 is getting so BIG! For some reason #1 still looks pretty much the same - maybe just longer. But #2 is looking like a little girl and not a baby! Good thing #3 is on the way! They are both beautiful by the way!