Wednesday, October 1, 2008

7 Kids...WHAT??!!!

Monday night Me Wifey and I, along with our 3 girls went to stay at a town about 45 minutes away so our friends could go to Dallas for the rest of Monday night through Tuesday evening.

Our friends have 4 kids. So, for most of Tuesday, we had 7! It was exhausting, but a bunch of fun too.

Around 10:30 Monday night, their youngest woke up screaming for his mommy (he wasn't all that happy to find that she had left and we were all he had). After SCREAMING for about 30-45 minutes, we finally laid him on the couch and he settled down...but didn't go to sleep.

He wasn't settled unless I was sitting on the recliner next to the couch. I would whisper to him that I was there each time he would start to get upset and that seemed to settle him somewhat. This went on until at least 3:00 am.

Then, I woke up a little after 7:00 and looked over at the stairs to see the other 6 children sitting on the bottom few steps looking at me! Who knows how long they had been sitting there quietly, probably wondering, "who is this guy and why is he sleeping there?"

After a run to Starbucks, Dani and I woke up a bit and ended up having a blast with all the kiddos. However, I definitely don't want 7 kids on a regular basis! :)

Now, I'm a little on the exhausted side.

1 comment:

slothsrcool said...

okay, that's stinking hilarious. I wish you had the wake up scene on video!

you're a good man.