Monday, May 26, 2008

Country Living

Ok, so we LOVE our neighborhood and all the neighbors we've met so far have been pretty nice. There is very much of a community feeling and a bunch of kids are always playing together on any given street.

That being said, there is one aspect to living where we do that I find rather humorous. I joke a lot with me wifey that we live in the country, even though we're surrounded by people. I could actually probably straddle our yard and our neighbors yard and touch both of our houses. So, we don't have the land that typically comes with living out in the country, but our neighbors help us feel like we are. :)

One of our neighbors has a big pickup with camo trim!

The other day, one of our neighbor's boys went into a friend's house but didn't tell his parents. Once they realized they didn't know where he was, they frantically started searching. The dad had a broken ankle so he was hobbling down the street yelling the boy's name.

The boy came running out heading for his dad (probably about 50 yards away). By the time he reaches his dad, the dad already had his belt off and in a loop and in one motion spanked the boy and started to put his belt back on.

A few days later, my family decided to head over to the neighborhood pool for a little swim. I was sitting on the side feeding our 5 month old and watching my other girls swim with Dani.

I looked over at another family and could barely hold in my laughter. Most people would bring noodles and floats to the pool...not in my neighborhood. This family brought a lasso. No joke! This older teenage boys was roping his little sisters! It was hilarious. They did this for about 15 minutes and then decided to get in the pool.

That just about sealed the deal for me. I'm convinced...we officially live in the country...without really living in the country.

No comments: