Friday, February 15, 2008

Emerging From The Pit

My wife and I celebrated Valentine's Day early this year. My mother-in-law was in town for a few days and wanted to take care of our girls while we went on a date...so we went!

We had a blast. We were given a dinner for two to the nicest steak house in town so we went there. I had a great salad, amazing Merlot Tenderloin and baked potato, followed by an incredible 8 layer chocolate malt cake. The margarita was pretty good too. :)

Anyway, we enjoyed getting to eat in some peace and just talk without much interruption. When we got home, I got our youngest and helped her get to sleep and then went to bed.

I woke up at 5:00 am with a terrible stomach ache, that stayed with me for just over 24 hours. I was in the bathroom all day and was given the privilege of tasting the dinner again, and again. It wasn't nearly as good after the first time around.

After three days, I feel like I'm able to manage through the day without feeling sick. I'm sure you probably didn't want to read about all of these details of my past few days but I just felt like sharing my adventures with you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: