Wednesday, January 3, 2007

"You're going to be sorry."

Those were the words of an elderly lady at the church i just left. In the welcome time of the late service i was walking around saying hi to people when i walked up the pew where this lady was sitting. i don't know her nor do i really remember what she looked like but i definitely remember our interaction. :)

Here is how our little uplifting conversation went:

Me: Good morning.
Her: I hear you are leaving us.
Me: Yes ma'am. This Sunday is my last day here.
Her: Well, you're going to be sorry. We're a good church.
Me: (a little stunned)Well, i hope not.

i smile and walk off. i'm still not very sure what i think about that interaction.

2 comments:

Nissa said...

Wow...I didn't get that when I left!

Matt Wible, WATX Outfitter said...

Hey Matt. My question for you in response to that lady is simply this...
Are you?
You have to love Christians...